I have perpetually dry lips. And because of that, I have lip balm strewn just about everywhere. There’s always one in my bag, and a couple within a 3 meter radius from where I stand at all times. You may call that an obsession or perhaps even an addiction, however, I think my fellow dry lipped gals (and guys) alike will understand this situation.
With all my years of using lip balm, I still don’t feel as though I’ve found the holy grail lip balm. I have two that have come close and are my current favourites, but it still feels like there’s one tiny thing missing. Perhaps my expectations are too high, as we are constantly bombarded by digitally altered images, but every time I see an ad or photo or person with blemish free lips, I wonder what they use.
Lip balms I’ve tried (the ones I recall):
- Chapstick: Classic Original, Classic Cherry, Moisturizer Original, Sun Defense
- Softlips Tangerine Temptation
- Burt’s Bees: Beeswax Lip Balm, Ultra Conditioning with Kokum Butter
- EOS: Summer fruit, Honeysuckle honeydew
- As much as I love the design and the scents, I think I’m actually allergic to their lip balms. How tragic, since it’s 95% organic and 100% natural.
- Nivea: Essential, Sun Soleil
- Blistex: Fruit smoothies, Raspberry Lemonade Blast,
- Polysporin Visible Lip Health Lip Hydration
- Bare English & Co.: Coco Mint, Pomegranate Berry
- The Body Shop: Born Lippy
Who remembers those Lipsmackers that came in nearly every flavour possible?
- Nuxe Reve de Miel: Check out my review here
- Sugar Fresh Lip Treatment: This stuff smells amazing! I love the product, but the steep price point keeps me at bay from considering it to be my everyday lip balm. If you’re in the market for a higher end lip balm, this is one to try (and their tinted ones have a wonderful colour payoff).
A long lost favourite: Forever Aloe Lips. If I recall correctly, I think this was the lip balm, however my mind tells me the packaging was white and green? I was about 8 or 9 when I was gifted one from a family friend and I regret not noting down the name of the lip balm.
Let me know what your lip balm situation is!